Director of Music and Worship Arts
BurlPres is seeking an experienced and dynamic person to lead our worship arts ministry. The ideal candidate will have a deep personal life of worship and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Ideally, the candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of worship styles (lyrically and musically) and have the gifts to take people to a deeper place of worship. We see our worship as an essential initial connection point for guests and non-believers, and of primary importance in the growth of our church.
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits.
BurlPres is located in Burlingame, CA just 18 miles south of San Francisco and in the heart of the Bay Area Peninsula. We are a dynamic fellowship of over 700 members, and around 1,200 regular attendees. Our church is on an exciting growth curve, at a pivotal time to live in the San Francisco Bay Area. At BurlPres, our mission is to know Christ and make him known, and our vision is to be the most loving place in town and a safe place to connect with God.
- Help develop expanded vision for contemporary worship at BurlPres.
- Coordinate and direct contemporary music and planning for worship experiences.
- Work with the Worship Elder(s), Preaching Pastor, and Collaboration and Tech Team in planning each worship service and other worship events.
- Recruit, develop and provide leadership for musicians, singers/soloists and tech staff, both volunteer and paid, to support worship services.
- Coordinate the appearances of guest artists for special events.
- Supervise the media and tech staff, and conduct annual reviews.
- Help publicize music and worship events.
- Oversee music programs outside of regular worship services (All Church Retreat, Vacation Bible School, Worship Nights).
- Manage the selection and purchase of all music within the Worship budget. Manage and file original copies of all music.
- Ensure music packets, technical equipment, and worship spaces are available for rehearsals and worship services.
- Oversee maintenance of all musical instruments and other equipment/technology used in worship and program spaces, including the Sanctuary, Chapel, Fellowship Hall, Fireside Room, Youth Lounge, and CMC Building.
- Oversee the formation and development of youth band.
- Attend Senior Staff and Program Staff meetings, Retreats, and Worship Committee Meetings.
- Be supportive of BurlPres and the church staff in all contacts with church membership and the Burlingame and surrounding area communities.
- Previous worship leadership experience
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to a Christ-centered lifestyle
- Degree in Music or equivalent worship experience
- Comfortable singing on stage and ability to play an instrument
- Technical experience with lighting, sound boards, streaming video, visual, etc.
- Ability to motivate musicians and technical team members
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians
- Organization, administrative, and leadership skills
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative
- Ability to lead worship and to train others as team worship leaders
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled as a worship team leader and mentor
- Must be able to provide online video/audio samples of previous worship
- 5+ years worship experience
- Pro Presenter experience
- Planning Center experience
- Recording experience
- Youth/Children’s Choir experience
- Theater/Musical direction experience
Inquiries & Resumes
Email Tiffany Daily