NextGen provides support and spiritual leadership for children—from birth through high school— and their families. Partner with the NextGen Lead and the NextGen team to create an exciting, fun, age-appropriate, and growing ministry that engages kids and helps them develop spiritually. Oversee:
- volunteer management
- supply purchase and organization
- event coordination and execution
- assist in teaching large group/ small group programs
The NextGen Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the NextGen Lead, who is responsible to the Session of Elders, through its Personnel Committee.
Part-Time Position, 15-20 hours per week. No benefits.
Regular performance evaluations will be performed by the NextGen Lead.
Oversee volunteer management
- Schedule, equip, and empower a team of volunteers and childcare workers to own and lead the NextGen Ministry at BurlPres.
- Schedule volunteers and childcare workers to support the various ministry efforts at BurlPres.
- Process all volunteer applications and, with the NextGen Lead, determine placement.
- Oversee all on-boarding of new volunteers.
- Assist in volunteer team and childcare employee training.
- Be a primary communication point with volunteers and the childcare team throughout their time of service.
- Partner with the NextGen Lead to execute an annual calendar of events for the NextGen ministry.
- Carry out administrative duties as assigned, which include, but are not limited to, supply purchase and organization for all of the NextGen ministry.
- Assist with midweek and weekend check-in for the various NextGen programs.
- Partner with the NextGen Lead to ensure that check-in rosters are accurate and that the check-in process is being followed.
- Invest in and support ongoing large and small group environments, camps, retreats, and outreach events.
- Teach in the various NextGen weekend and midweek programs, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of practical ministry experience
- Experience leading/ volunteering in children or student ministry
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry, preferred
IMPORTANT SKILLS & PERSONAL TRAITS:
- Naturally gifted to be detail oriented
- Teachable with a willing spirit to learn
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups
Each BurlPres staff member is part of a team, which means we all pull together during peak times and special events. Duties for this job could change at any time.
- Be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of BurlPres.
- Lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the BurlPres church family.
- Be supportive of BurlPres and the church staff in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Represent Christ and His church well in the community and beyond.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Comply with the policies and procedures, as noted in the BurlPres employee handbook.
Kerry Persichitte | Email | 650.342.0875 x272