Student Ministries Director
Visionary leader and cultivator of faith-growth for middle and high school students at BurlPres.
Status: Full-time position with full benefits
Establish and grow the vision, culture, and values of the BurlPres student ministry in conjunction with the NextGen Lead and the BurlPres Kids Team.
- Write curriculum for students that is engaging and relevant to what students in our area are facing in daily life.
- Leverage existing and suggest new communication channels to inspire interest and engagement among all key stakeholder groups — students, volunteers, and parents.
Ensure excellence-driven, gospel-centered large-group teaching and environments for middle and high school students during weekend and midweek programming.
- Organize relationship-building and outreach-focused events and activities for students to connect, grow, and serve within the context of their student ministry, the church, and in our community.
- Ensure all students have access to Large Group/Life Group experiences where life-change can happen. The goal is for all students to be a part of a life group.
- Create environments where every student has a place to connect and grow, regardless of their past and spiritual background.
- Integrate students into the larger church, e.g., attending services, serving.
Attract and gather volunteer support to reach students where they are and provide support for ministry implementation.
- Develop and pour into leaders who will, in turn, develop and pour into leaders and students.
- Support parents and the broader parenting community by creating programs (conferences, forums, etc.) for discussion and strategy-building plus share parenting resources.
Who you are
Leader and Visionary
- A leader that has an active walk with Christ and exhibits a Christ-like character
- A gifted leader/ shepherd with team building and interpersonal skills
- Savvy with appropriate communication skills and tools to reach volunteers, parents, and students, e.g., social media, email newsletters
- Highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, and create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail
- Organized, collaborative, and creative in planning events, camps, and trips
- A dynamic teacher with a relational nature and ability to create trusting bonds with students
What you bring
You have a Bachelor’s Degree at a minimum. While a seminary degree is not required, it is a bonus.
You have three years or more of ministry experience or leadership related to youth ministry. You have an excellence-driven, growth mindset. You have experience leading students with a proven record of leading a thriving student ministry. Your experience also lends itself to being able to develop and lead adult staff and leaders who, in turn, organize and lead the ministry. You also have experience and skills as a dynamic communicator.
Develop Personally and Professionally
- Attend conferences and other relevant classes to stay up to date on current ministry trends for youth and their families.
- Meet regularly with staff pastors for professional mentoring and guidance.
- Be aware of and develop a professional network with other student ministry directors outside of the church.
- Manage staff and volunteers
- Become knowledgeable on student financials and manage budget
- Generate monthly report to NextGen Students elder on program status
- Regularly meet with NextGen Students elder
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be supportive of BurlPres and the church staff in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Comply with the policies and procedures as noted in the most current BurlPres employee handbook.
Please submit via email to Jennifer McNeely :
- resume, as a link or attached file
- video introduction, as a link or attached file